Portable Magur Hatchery has its high market demand due to its protein rich flavour and medicinal value. The portable magur hatchery is a simple device comprising a stand on which are placed a row of plastic tubs (12 em dia, 6 em high). Water supplied from the overhead tank through a common pipe to all the tubes with individual control tabs. It includes egg incubation and hatching. The technology creates a suitable environment for high hatching percentage where maximum 50,000 eggs can be incubated at a time.
News & Update
- 17.10.2020:ICAR-CIFA chosen as champion institute to hold Vaibhav summit on modern fisheries and aquaculture
- 10.10.2020: Kick off planning meeting for Indo-Norway project held over a virtual platform on 9 October 2020
- 17.09.2020: ICAR-CIFA launched Virtual Training Programme for Freshwater Pearl Farming
- 19.08.2020: ICAR-CIFA to Develop Strategies for Doubling the Freshwater Fish Production in the country
- 15.08.2020: Covid Warriors Honoured On 74th Independence Day at ICAR-CIFA
- 28.07.2020: Hon’ble Prime Minister noticed success of pearl farmer trained by ICAR-CIFA
- 24.07.2020: କୋଭିଡ ପରୀକ୍ଷଣରେ ICAR-CIFA ର ବୈଜ୍ଞାନିକମାନେ
- 24.07.2020: Scienitists of ICAR-CIFA in Covid testing
- 20.07.2020: ICAR-CIFA received the prestigious Rajbhasha award “Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Hindi Patrika Puruskar
- 10.07.2020: National Fish Farmers Day 2020
- 12.06.2020: ICAR-CIFA Training Calendar 2020-21
Portable Magur Hatchery
Immunoboost-C is an immunostimulant to improve brood fish health and seed production in carps. It modulates the fish immunity against microbial diseases and has been proven through extensive trials conducted at many aquaculture regions in India. It is also given to spawn, fry and fingerlings through bath treatment during seed transport.
CIFA-CRYO is a manually operated handy cryofreezer for gamete cryopreservation. This manually operated handy cryofreezer is used for the cryopre-servation of milt of freshwater fish species. This is suitable and more advantageous in terms of liquid nitrogen use, size of the unit, on-farm utilization and easy operation. It is helpful in processing the milt sample upto -60° c for storage in liquid nitrogen (-196° c).
CIFACURE is used for controlling common bacterial and fungal infections of freshwater ornamental fishes. The product can be very well used in aquarium and other outdoor tanks where the ornamental fishes are grown. It controls many bacterial diseases like haemorrhagic septicemia, ulcers, fin rot, tail rot, eye diseases and mouth fungus and other fungal infections. It is available in 25 ml dropper bottle.
Jayanti Rohu™ was developed through selective breeding of rohu, Labeo rohita from different founder populations of North Indian Rivers. Improved Jayanti Rohu™ is the first genetically improved fish in India. It has shown improvement in the gain of 17% per generation for growth trait.
'CIFABROOD™' is an exclusive carp brood stock diet, adequately rich in essential nutrients. It advances gonad growth and maturation, facilitates early spawning and significantly increases spawning response. Suitable for multiple/ repeated breeding, off season gonad growth and post spawning recovery. The rate of feeding is 3-5% of total body weight during egg development phase.
Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP)' carp hatchery has proved to be a very effective tool in carp seed production which will be beneficial to the farmers. It can be transported, installed and operated in remote places to ensure easy and timely availability of carp seeds. FRP hatchery is suitable for fish breeding in field conditions for 10-12 kg of carps in one operation and can be used as a tool for bio-diversity conservation.
CIFAX™ is a chemical formulation and first commercialized technology of CIFA. It prevents and cures ulcerative diseases of freshwater fishes.