Nanoplus @CIFA Zinc-Selenium Nanoplus is a formulation prepared from nanoparticles of two important trace minerals i.e. Zinc sulphate and Sodium selenite and used as a fish feed additive. Addition of these two trace minerals to fish feed in nanoparticle form has synergistic effect on promoting growth, better feed utilization and disease resistance in fish. It improves breeding performance, egg developments. It keeps the fish fin and scale healthy and intact and promotes rapid wound healing. Moreover, it reduces the toxicity of other minerals and heavy metals contamination of water
News & Update
- 25.11.2022: “Training cum Awareness on Fish Farming in Salt Affected Regions” organized by RRC, ICAR-CIFA, Bathinda
- 25.11.2022: ICAR-CIFA organizes Kisan Gosthi at Anthuari, Khordha
- 18.11.2022: Scientist-farmer interface meeting held at AFS, Sarakana
- 10.11.2022: Dr Pramoda Kumar Sahoo appointed as Director of ICAR-CIFA
- 03.11.2022: ICAR-CIFA organized Training-cum-Workshop on “Scientific aquaculture Practices” for SC farmers of Puri and Kandhmal
- 01.11.2022: Application for the M.Sc./M.Phil Dissertation work at the ICAR-CIFA
- 21.10.2022: Scientists-farmers Interface held at Purohitpur village, Khordha District
- 20.10.2022: Scientist- Extension- Farmers Interface Meeting on Ornamental Fish Breeding and culture (Under SCSP Scheme)
- 21.10.2022: ICAR-CIFA Carried out PVTG Tribal Training programme on Aquaculture based integrated farming in Gajapati & Rayagada
- 17.10.2022: ICAR-CIFA organizes direct telecast of Hon’ble Prime Minister’s address to the farmers
- 13.10.2021: Training Programme on “Feeds and Feeding of Freshwater Fish” held at RRC, Rahara during September 20-24 2022
- 03.10.2022: ICAR-CIFA organizes 5 days training program on “Inbreeding in Carp Hatcheries and its Managements for Quality Seed
- 01.10.2022: Visit of World Food Prize Laureate to ICAR-CIFA
- 30.09.2022: ICAR-CIFA ranks among top-10 agricultural research institute in India
- 30.09.2022: Scientists-farmers interface held at Sangaria, Hanumangarh
CIFA- CARP STARTER
CIFA- CARP STARTER Nursery phase is one of most critical phases in the production of stock able seed materials in carp culture. Generally, it is observed that the recovery of spawn to fry and fry to fingerling is low (25-30% and 40-50%, respectively in farmers’ practice). To address this problem, ICAR-CIFA, Bhubaneswar has developed a carp nursery feed which ensures higher survival, better growth and uniform sized fingerling production. This feed is highly nutritious and palatable. It contains 35 percent crude protein, 5-6 percent crude fat along with micro/nano nutrients. The feed is suitable for carp seed growers to enhance their production and profitability
CIFA- CARP GROWER
Carp grower phase is one of most important phase for production of marketable fish in carp culture. Generally, it is observed that the profit by using commercial/handmade feed in grow out culture is very minimum and taste of the fish is also not up to satisfaction of customers. The fish may not be healthy by using commercial feed. To address this problem, ICAR-CIFA, Bhubaneswar has developed a floating feed for carp (grow out) which ensures better growth, improved FCR, higher palatability to fish, disease resistance and tastier fish. It contains 28 percent crude protein, 4 percent crude fat along with micro/nano nutrients. This is suitable for carp growers to enhance their production and profitability.
CIFAMA is an exclusive Clarias Batrachus (Magur) fry feed, adequately rich in essential nutrients, suitable for nursery rearing of Magur fry. The feed ensures faster growth of magur fry.
Fish Hydrolysate: Fermentation of Fishery Waste with molasses, yeast and Starter Culture at ambient temperature extracts amino acids, fatty acids, macro and micro nutrients, minerals and trace minerals, Hormone and peptides. Recycling of fish prawn processing waste in to the final product has PH 4.0-4.5 and is self-stable without any microbial contamination. The product is Chlorophyll and Plankton enhancer, nutrient supplementation, immunity booster, antibacterial and fungal effects.
Portable Magur Hatchery
Portable Magur Hatchery has its high market demand due to its protein rich flavour and medicinal value. The portable magur hatchery is a simple device comprising a stand on which are placed a row of plastic tubs (12 em dia, 6 em high). Water supplied from the overhead tank through a common pipe to all the tubes with individual control tabs. It includes egg incubation and hatching. The technology creates a suitable environment for high hatching percentage where maximum 50,000 eggs can be incubated at a time.
Immunoboost-C is an immunostimulant to improve brood fish health and seed production in carps. It modulates the fish immunity against microbial diseases and has been proven through extensive trials conducted at many aquaculture regions in India. It is also given to spawn, fry and fingerlings through bath treatment during seed transport.
CIFA-CRYO is a manually operated handy cryofreezer for gamete cryopreservation. This manually operated handy cryofreezer is used for the cryopre-servation of milt of freshwater fish species. This is suitable and more advantageous in terms of liquid nitrogen use, size of the unit, on-farm utilization and easy operation. It is helpful in processing the milt sample upto -60° c for storage in liquid nitrogen (-196° c).
CIFACURE is used for controlling common bacterial and fungal infections of freshwater ornamental fishes. The product can be very well used in aquarium and other outdoor tanks where the ornamental fishes are grown. It controls many bacterial diseases like haemorrhagic septicemia, ulcers, fin rot, tail rot, eye diseases and mouth fungus and other fungal infections. It is available in 25 ml dropper bottle.
Jayanti Rohu™ was developed through selective breeding of rohu, Labeo rohita from different founder populations of North Indian Rivers. Improved Jayanti Rohu™ is the first genetically improved fish in India. It has shown improvement in the gain of 17% per generation for growth trait.
'CIFABROOD™' is an exclusive carp brood stock diet, adequately rich in essential nutrients. It advances gonad growth and maturation, facilitates early spawning and significantly increases spawning response. Suitable for multiple/ repeated breeding, off season gonad growth and post spawning recovery. The rate of feeding is 3-5% of total body weight during egg development phase.
Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP)' carp hatchery has proved to be a very effective tool in carp seed production which will be beneficial to the farmers. It can be transported, installed and operated in remote places to ensure easy and timely availability of carp seeds. FRP hatchery is suitable for fish breeding in field conditions for 10-12 kg of carps in one operation and can be used as a tool for bio-diversity conservation.